COVID-19 Information for Patients
- Our offices are providing services by appointment at this time. We are offering assistance to our patients as well as patients in need from other clinics that have closed.
- Routine, non-emergent hearing aid appointments are made on a case by case basis.
- New patient appointments are available immediately. Please contact our office. We will find a way to help you safely.
If you have a VA appointment and you wish to reschedule it, refer to the packet you received in the mail and call the patient hotline to reschedule. We cannot reschedule your appointment for you. You must call the VES, QTC, or LHI phone number in your packet to do this.
Hearing Aid Emergencies
If you are experiencing a hearing aid emergency, and you need assistance to get your hearing aid repaired, CONTACT OUR OFFICE BEFORE COMING IN. Batteries and filters may be purchased and brought to you curbside as well.
If you are experiencing a sudden hearing loss, symptoms of pain, vertigo, or you are concerned about a significant wax blockage, please call your primary care physician first and report to us second.
- Masks are still required in our clinic, regardless of vaccination status.
- If you or someone in your house have traveled abroad or stateside to an area with high COVID-19 infection rates in the last 21 days you will be asked to reschedule until a later date.
- If you have been in direct contact with someone exhibiting signs or symptoms of acute upper respiratory issues, you will be asked to reschedule until a later date.
- If a patient is exhibiting signs of upper respiratory symptoms, they will not gain access to our clinic at this time.
We understand that our patients must have access to communication to receive healthcare guidance, communicate with family members, and stay informed with the news. We are here to help. We are privileged to have ultimate control over the health and wellness of our clinic and we are taking every precaution we can to ensure a safe environment for our patients. It is critical that we are careful at this time in how we provide care in accordance with state and local advisories, as well as CDC recommendations. The advisories are changing by the day. It is imperative that you contact our office with any questions.